PDCA - One Blog

Welcome to the first Dexter cattle blog to disseminate information for members of the Purebred Dexter Cattle Association of North America (PDCA) and for those with a curiosity about Irish Dexter cattle, cattle in general, as well as news from the PDCA. Expressions of opinion are to not be regarded as expressing the official opinion of the PDCA unless expressly stated. Hopefully you will find something here of interest and don't overlook browsing through the archives. Comments are welcomed.

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

What's a blog?

A blog is like an internet diary. In our case, we're going to use it to provide information concerning the Association, share regional news, and as a means to receive Region One members input. I know that with a new organization everyone has lots of questions and so I ask for your patience because eventually we'll try to cover every topic. The formation of an association is kind of like moving. Everything is all together but it takes time unpacking all those boxes. Sometimes there will be Open Topics where you can ask questions, discuss the PDCA or your region, or just provide your ideas on the topic of your choice.

If you click on the PDCA link you'll find that the website at this moment is under construction. I made a couple of small contributions and so I had the opportunity to look inside. Gabriella Nanci and the webmaster are working hard to put it all together and doing an outstanding job. It should be open in the not too distant future and I believe everyone will be impressed. I also have links to some of the Dexter forums and I encourage these to be used for discussing cattle. I know new breeders have many questions like what to feed their Dexter and these forums such as the Purebred Dexter Breeders might be helpful to obtain a variety of views from all the regions. We'll discuss cattle here but primarily the focus will be mostly on Dexters regionally and the PDCA.

I recently shared with others the Linus Pauling quote: "The best way to have a good idea is to have lots of ideas". Your ideas are important and so I hope you'll click on comments and add yours to the topics that interest you. I'll try to put up new topics to discuss and share PDCA news daily and so check back here often and let other regional members know. We'll develop multiple means for communications but I hope you'll find the blog useful and make it successful because this was one of my ideas. :-)


PDCA - One Google