PDCA - One Blog

Welcome to the first Dexter cattle blog to disseminate information for members of the Purebred Dexter Cattle Association of North America (PDCA) and for those with a curiosity about Irish Dexter cattle, cattle in general, as well as news from the PDCA. Expressions of opinion are to not be regarded as expressing the official opinion of the PDCA unless expressly stated. Hopefully you will find something here of interest and don't overlook browsing through the archives. Comments are welcomed.

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Closing the Deal

I'm one of those people that have never been particularly fond of the selling aspect of raising cattle. Part of it is sentimental, I get attached and want to see how they grow up and then there's the not knowing where they're going to. I realize that's foolish because you can't keep every puppy in the litter no matter how cute they are, and the people I've sold Dexters to have always seemed nice and may have spoiled them more than I do. The other part for a dislike of sales is that I tend to be overly critical of my herd and so I end up pointing out the flaws I see more than the attributes. So for myself I'm not a great cattle salesperson.

However, I do love promoting the breed. That's part of the reason I put my website back up, purebred promotion. The other part is that I now have the motivation to utilize whatever marketing and promoting talents that I might possess to help benefit Dexter breeders that have put their faith in the PDCA. So with your help in closing the deal, together I believe we can meet the challenges ahead for Dexter cattle. I have this feeling that we're all going to be a part of something special.

Add 12 more PDCA memberships since yesterday.


PDCA - One Google